Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekly Challenge #82

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.  We're still at the lake so i'll make this short and sweet...

Weekly Challenge #82: UMT v. VII "Brayd"
Jumping right into this week's challenge - which is a Use My Tangle Challenge!!  And this week's random pick come from Shelly Beauch CZT! 

You can see the instructions for her tangle Brayd here

The challenge is to use Shelly's great tangle in your tile, zendala or ZIA!

Here's my go using one of the Pre-Strung tiles (available from any CZT)

*If you don't know about UMT - here's the scoop:  The first Monday of each month will feature a home-made tangle - chosen at random from the linky list here.   Anyone who has created their own tangle is eligible for submission, providing it follows the guidelines listed here. (Please read the guidelines)
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

20 comments:

  1. Hey Laura
    I hope you had a lovely extra long weekend!!Your tile is beautiful,I love how you used Brayd - so fluid! My entry wasn't too inventive and I stuck to a hair 'braid'. :)) but I am planning on adding to it, for now this is it. Thank you for another great challenge. There are so many very talented artists out there and I look forward to seeing their posts. I hope you have a nice week.
    Cheers from down under!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly was a challenge again this week. I'm not sure that my version of Brayd does the tangle any justice, but I tried.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dance here in Tasmania! I look forward to seeing all your gorgeous brayds. Laura, I love the way you created a marvellous twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Shelly's brayd pattern is used in your tile....a real beauty! Shelly thank you for the pattern, and Laura thank you for the challenge. I am glad you had a fun Monday... now I had a fun Tues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tendrils coming off your Brayd, Laura. Thank you, Shelly for an inspiring tangle this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Laura. This challenge was just what I needed to lift my spirits after losing my sister a few days ago. I hope I've done okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using Brayd in a 'spiral' was very clever! Great results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just link into your linky thingy- sure hope I done it correctly. ~peace & prayers!~
    Peace-seeking_Tangler (4LIFE) aka Bobbi J Aker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you tile, Laura! Thanks for Brayd, Shelly! Another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The end of your Brayd reminds me of the Olympic torch! I like your free and easy lines and the whole flow of this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed this challenge, as always! Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy to be back. I actully missed my weekly visits, but I was so busy. Now I am trying to remember how to go places..How do I open this week's slideshow? I can not remember. Thank you for giving us tanglers a place of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun challenge - love tangling, but need a push sometimes. Thanks for "pushing"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to complete the challenge this week!! Very excited!

      Delete
  14. Great challenge this week Laura, I am a tad behind but managed to get a couple posted. Yet again, there are some wonderful pieces of art that have been posted. They leave me inspired and in awe....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally got to finish one for the challenge! Thanks for another great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i thought i posted earlier in the week...i must have forgotten...here's my comment, hope i'm not too late...
    this brayd was hard for me but i did my best...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My blind string was rather timid but I made up for it with bold tangles.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!